We are looking for a web developer working student to support our software engineering team. Together with the team, you will build image analysis tools and services for life scientists specialized in connectomics - helping scientists make breakthrough discoveries with massive image datasets. If you are interested, please contact us and include a brief application and your CV .
What You Will Do:
• Expand and develop new features of webKnossos, our open-source, web-based image annotation platform for life science;
• Contribute new features, bug fixes, and UI improvements to our React web app;
• Design, own and deploy solutions for working with petabyte-sized image datasets;
• Work with a high degree of freedom and self-organisation in a tech-savvy team;
• Build tools for customers from neuro- and life sciences and support the biomedical research community.
• You know Scala or are willing to learn it;
• You bring applicable knowledge of building a modern web stack, e.g. React, Less/Sass, webpack;
• You take pride in teaching and leading from teammates, and enjoy constructive peer review in a respectful environment;
• You have proficiency with Git, GitHub, and agile software development;
• You have strong oral and written language skills in German and English.
• Work on impactful tools for the next breakthroughs in neuroscience;
• Part-time (12-20h/week), working-student position available in Potsdam;
• Remote work possible (in Germany);
• Flexible work hours and work arrangements;
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
• Small, friendly team where everybody's input is valued;
• Regular check-ins with your mentor;
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth;
• Monthly social events;
• Free drinks and snacks at the office.
About The Team:
scalable minds builds software tools and solutions for the reconstruction of large-scale 3D image datasets in neuroscience. Our machine-learning applications and web-based data annotation tools help scientists push their cutting-edge neuroscience research and focus on Biology rather than on the tech.
webKnossos is an open-source web platform for viewing, annotation, and sharing petascale 3D microscopy datasets for biomedical research.
Art der Stelle: Teilzeit
Arbeitsstunden: 12-20 pro Woche
Montag bis Freitag
Arbeitsort: Zum Teil im Homeoffice in 14482 Potsdam