Warehouse Operative Nottingham Permanent
Shifts: 13:00-00:00 (4 days on, 4 days off)
Competitive holiday allowance
Day off for your Birthday
Death in Service
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity
Additional day off when your child starts primary school & to attend college/university graduation ceremony
Access to a Health and Wellness Programme
Perks a Work - discounts and rewards for lots of retailers
Ride to Work & Season Ticket Loans (available after a year of service
Why CitySprint and why now?
Before we go into the skills, we need you to have, we want you to know that our culture is founded on celebrating our diverse workforce and championing inclusion. It s not just about what you can bring to us, but also what we can bring to you. We commit to supporting your wellbeing and your professional development from the moment you join us.
Delivery and courier services is an exciting, fast-growing sector and we re looking for people to help us set best practice and be known for our professional, efficient and innovative service.
In a world that doesn t stop, and where every delivery matters, our 14,000-strong customer base relies on CitySprint to help deliver same day and specialist courier services, on time, every time.
From the delivery of urgent medical supplies, CV19 tests and samples, to props from your favourite shows; from important legal documents and IT equipment to meal kits - our 700+ colleagues and fleet of over 4,000 couriers are dedicated to offering the best delivery experience to support local businesses as they grow into global organisations.
Being this awesome takes a lot of hard work and commitment to our company values and vision. So naturally we need to secure top-notch Warehouse Operative to ensure we continue growing and improving every day.
This is where YOU come in!
We are looking to recruit a number of experienced Warehouse Operative to join the team at our Nottingham.
Our Warehouse Operatives will work closely with the rest of the team to ensure the efficient operation of the warehouse daily, and to support coordination of couriers and fleet administration. You will also play a key role in the implementation and running of several key clients' contracts.
The key responsibilities of the Warehouse Operative role include:
- Ensure all deliveries are scanned, sorted, and then loaded onto the correct vehicles and any amendments are reported.
- To ensure all consignment movements are correctly logged.
- To report any damages or missing items.
- To report any defective equipment to ensure that repairs are carried out quickly and efficiently.
- To assist in the effective implementation of any new procedure or systems.
- Provide assistance to load the courier s vehicles and maintaining order during the loading period.
- To ensure that housekeeping of the warehouse is maintained to a high standard
- Support the storage, order processing, picking and packing of the Service Centre consumable operation when required.
- Support off site clients when required.
The key skills needed for the Warehouse Operative role include:
- Highly organized and able to prioritise.
- A flexible approach, with a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business.
- Computer literacy, and able to quickly learn new software.
- Able to act on your own initiative without constant supervision.
- Previous experience is desirable, but full training will be given.
If this Warehouse Operative role sound like you - please get in touch!
We do not require the assistance of agencies with this vacancy - thank you in advance