VISUAL INSPECTOR / PACKER
VACANCY #1 - Day Shift (6am - 6pm) on a 2-2-3 pattern with a wage of $19.44 per hour
Vacancy #2 - Night Shift (6pm - 6am) on a 2-2-3 pattern with a wage of $22.36 per hour($19.44 plus 15% shift differential
COMPANY: SCHOTT Pharmaceutical Packaging (Lebanon, PA) is a division of SCHOTT North America and is one of the most respected suppliers of high quality glass tubing containers for parenteral products in North America. SCHOTT PPP offers technological leadership and innovation as well as outstanding customer care for both local and multi-national clients, whether it is packaging for liquid, lyophilized or powder products.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience (1+ years) in quality role and/or setting (preferred)
- Previous experience (1+ years) in a production setting following directions (preferred)
- Exposure to ISO 9001 and 14001; along with cGMP (preferred)
- Basic understanding of Automated Inspection Systems (AIS), including sample collection and clearing jams.
- Demonstrated communication skills (written / oral) including the ability to read/speak English
- Ability and willingness to lift 5-10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability and willingness to lift 50 pounds on an infrequent basis (3-4 times per 12-hr shift)
- Ability and willingness to work 12-hr shifts on a 2-2-3 shift pattern
- Ability and willingness to work in a production floor setting with moderate noise
- Ability and willingness to work in fast-paced, matrix structured organization
- Ability and willingness to stand/walk for an entire shift.
- Ability and willingness to work with consistent/reliable attendance (less than 3.5% absenteeism)
SUMMARY / RESPONSIBILITIES: This Visual Inspector / Packer is responsible for finalizing SCHOTT's vials before shipment to the customer, including inspecting, packing, labeling and tracking.. Potential duties/responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Packaging - Packs products of acceptable quality based on customer specific packing procedures
- Quality - monitor product quality, communicates, documents and reacts to problems
- Quality - Follow quality reaction procedures.
- Quality - Routinely selects samples which will be handed over to the Final Quality Assurance as well as directly to the customer
- Cleaning - Perform routine daily cleaning of packing area
- Other - Make efficient use of non-production time to meet departmental needs (e.g., re-inspects; cleaning; assisting other departments)
- Follow cGMP
- Perform other duties as assigned