Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Processes Member purchases in a courteous and friendly manner, including verifying, renewing, upgrading and offering several types of membership products, scanning merchandise, and accepting various forms of payments. Provides excellent member service in an efficient and productive manner. Maintains the overall cleanliness of the front-line department.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable.
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside, and out
Know your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Exhibits clear understanding of all BJ's Membership options, Including the importance of renewals, upgrading to our BJ's Perks programs.
- Offer all appropriate membership products such as membership renewal, EASY renewal option, My BJs Perks programs and awards redemption.
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Checks Members out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Scans all club merchandise through a point-of-sale system to ensure accurate inventory counts and accurate purchase totals for Members. Fills shopping carts when necessary and assists at self-checkout stations.
- Collects payments via cash, check, or other charge payments from members.
- Issues receipts or change due to Members.
- Stays up to date on all merchandise promotions, advertisements, and product information. Discounts purchases by scanning and redeeming coupons.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the frontline area. Assists in general club housekeeping when necessary.
- Returns re-sellable merchandise to the sales floor area.
- Manages self-checkout and scan and pan lanes. Assists Members with operations and technical difficulties.
- Required to meet cashier productivity expectations.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Basic math skills preferred.
- Prior cashier or sales experience preferred.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with infrequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.