At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world's largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine's Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!What you'll do as a Solutions Engineer, Strategic Accounts
The Solution Engineering organization is responsible for the technical sale of the Cloudflare solution portfolio, ensuring maximal business value, fit-for-purpose solution design and adoption roadmap for our customers.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Solution Engineering, the Strategic Accounts Solutions Engineer is a Senior level role. You are a customer facing technologist within the Cloudflare Solutions Engineering team. You have strong experience in large account pre-sales management as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills suited for executive-level engagement. You are comfortable speaking about the Cloudflare vision and mission with C-level customer executives. Your role will be to build passionate champions within the technology ranks at your accounts, drive sales for identified opportunities, and leverage your relationships with these technical champions to build a revenue pipeline where no opportunities yet exist.
You will work within a high-profile pursuit team dedicated to certain strategic accounts, working closely with the strategic account executives attached to these accounts.
Specifically, we are looking for you to:
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Build and maintain long term technical relationships with the technical buyers (executives, managers and individual contributors) at your assigned accounts, becoming a trusted advisor to those stakeholders.
- Deeply understand the business-critical issues that your accounts are facing, and provide meaningful solution designs to facilitate technical validation of Cloudflare as a part of the customer's infrastructure, including the coordination of Cloudflare colleagues throughout the sales and procurement cycle.
- Identify and drive technical conversations in every possible line of business within the accounts, engaging key technical buyers with the purpose of uncovering new areas of potential revenue & showing value to all possible parts of your accounts.
- Empower customers in their security and network transformation journeys, helping them to define strategies and architect necessary security controls aligned with Cloudflare product suites.
- Be the voice of the customer internally at Cloudflare, engaging with and influencing Cloudflare's Product and Engineering teams to meet your customers' needs.
- Represent and evangelize Cloudflare externally at Developer, Community, Technology, Cybersecurity and other industry events with thought leadership and expertise.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
- Polished communication and executive presentation skills with ability to drive a discussion with a broad range of stakeholders (from the web developer to the CISO).
- Relationship building: a proven track record of building deep technical relationships with engineers and senior executives in large and strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to build consensus on security solutions/projects.
- Experience managing technical sales within large accounts.
- Developing champion-style relationships
- Driving technical wins
- Assisting with technical validation
- A deep understanding of core industry components of Cloudflare solutions (and a desire to learn more):
- Internet security technologies including DDoS and DDoS mitigation, Firewalls, TLS, VPN, DLP
- Networking technologies including TCP, UDP, DNS, IPv4 + IPv6, BGP routing, GRE, SD-WAN, MPLS, Global Traffic Management
- HTTP technologies including reverse proxy (e.g., WAF and CDN), forward proxy (secure web gateway), serverless application development
- Zero-trust network access (ZTNA & SASE) concepts including identity management and authentication
- Cloud computing technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure and others
- Understanding of, or experience with, regulatory requirements such as FedRAMP, GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOC-2, ISO/IEC.
We're not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We're a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.Project Galileo
: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare's enterprise customers--at no cost. Athenian Project
: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.Path Forward Partnership
: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.188.8.131.52
: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here's the deal - we don't store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you'd like to be a part of? We'd love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at hr@ or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.