BEPC is seeking 5 skilled and talented Sr Mechanical Design Engineers to join our fast-growing team of consultants in Phoenix, AZ!
W2 Contract Period: 6 months with possible opportunities for extensions based on business needs and performance!
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to use advanced mechanical design expertise on complex components for aerospace gas turbine engines and power generation systems. The focus of this role is gearbox design which includes layout and design of the internal components and housings. The mechanical designer may also design core internal components of gas turbine engines. The primary functions are to create 2D drawings and 3D CAD models using Siemens NX and Teamcenter. Experience with FEA and topological optimization tools is desired to ensure weight-optimized designs. Interact closely with project engineers and design teams meet project deliverables and milestones. Understand and adhere to Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing practices, act with speed and accuracy for on-time execution and apply six sigma thought processes and tools. Listen to internal customer's needs and support team in reducing cycle time and improving quality of deliverables.
- Proficiently create, revise, and validate 3D CAD models and 2D drawings using NX and Teamcenter.
- Experience in gearbox layout and design, and internal gas turbine engine components.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Possess a thorough understanding of applicable design manuals and best practices.
- Ability to understand issues with legacy models, drawings, and casting tooling and effectively communicate problems and present solutions.
- Effectively conduct design reviews and complete action items in timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills are needed to help keep track of multiple tasks and priorities.
- Proficient technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal and team skills to resolve problems and to improve engineering-manufacturing integration.
- Mindset to improve processes and reduce cycle time.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- CAD Design 4 Years Minimum