At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Employees, contingent workers and visitors are no longer required to show proof of vaccination to be on-site. Effective January 2023, Freddie Mac's hybrid work arrangement is 3 days in the office (specifically Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday).
Are you someone that thrives in an innovative and collaborative team? Do you want to drive maturity across Enterprise Architecture's myriad processes? Do you want to build and implement a comprehensive multi-year approach for EA's growing responsibilities for safe operation of the firm? If you have shown strategic leadership, and technical architecture experience across multiple cloud providers, on-prem data centers, end user technologies, software defined and traditional networking this role may be for you! Apply to join Freddie Mac's Enterprise Architecture team!
*This position requires a hybrid work schedule, where you go into the office 2 days a week and can work remotely 3 days a week.
- We deliver solution architectures providing infrastructure, platforms and capabilities that enable our partners to deliver and operate all environments for Freddie Mac.
- Through a combination of enterprise level architects and Embedded solution architects on scaled agile teams, we guide all design activities from tactical sprint-level decisions to planning and implementing multi-year transformational efforts.
- We do all of this with a Laser focus on resiliency, control, and security.
- Drive multi-year architecture organizational strategy encompassing governance, compliance, and standards
- Design decomposition of EA activities into value added services with key measures of throughput, quality and effectiveness
- Provide thought leadership and education to others across the Enterprise Architecture department
- Work with peers and partners to fully understand and prioritize items to be addressed
- Develop action plans, following up and closing out all identified strategic goals as you version towards the vision
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required; Advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in Enterprise Architecture for a financial services organization
- 3+ years of relevant large-scale enterprise transformation experience as relates to architecture is preferred
- Deep knowledge of various enterprise level Platforms widely used in the industry
- Experience in Cloud and underlying technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, CNCF, etc.)
- Understanding of enterprise strategic and tactical requirements with ability to identify and communicate detailed enterprise solution architectures
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the team
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Highly motivated and upbeat self-starter with solid organizational and time management skills; shown experience operating at high standards of quality and accuracy within a fast-paced changing environment
- Superb communication, leadership and relationship management skills, that enable partnering with and influencing key team members in an open, collaborative environment at all levels in an organization
- Technical and Architectural leadership with knowledge of traditional data center and modern cloud based distributed systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to succinctly present complex subject matter, specifically translating technology problems/solutions to business partners
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.