The success of General RV Center is rooted in our exceptional team, which has been growing since 1962. Our sustained growth has been fueled by our family values and passion for the RV lifestyle. Today, General RV Center stands as the Nation's Largest Family-Owned RV Dealer, with locations nationwide and a global presence through our Internet Sales team.
What's in it for you? When you join our team, you become part of the General RV family. It's more than a job - it's the opportunity to build a career, make a difference, and be part of an exciting industry. If you're looking for a place to call home, we want to hear from you!
The Senior Copywriter is responsible for sharing the General RV brand story with customers through engaging messaging that follows established brand guidelines. Under the direction of the Creative Manager, this individual is responsible for ideation of original campaign concepts and seeing them through to completion. The Senior Copywriter will write creative copy that promotes the General RV brand and dealerships. Writing assignments will include: radio and television scripts, brand campaign messages, print and digital advertisements, sales event messages, web copy, and more. In addition, this role is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the General RV voice and evolving it to connect with a changing audience.
- Write clear, consistent, and compelling marketing copy for a variety of platforms including but not limited to: television advertisements, direct mail, print advertisements, digital advertisements, radio advertisements, consumer emails, social media posts, in-store signage, and General RV websites.
- Support the Creative Team by providing headlines and copy for all projects as needed.
- Collaborate frequently with the Senior Art Director and Creative Manager to concept ideas and create unique copy that enhances the General RV brand and stands out in the industry.
- Collaborate frequently with the Communications Manager to ensure a consistent brand voice is used throughout all General RV communications.
- Be a mentor to other writers at General RV including Junior Copywriters and a resource for freelance staff or external agencies as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Creative Writing, Marketing or related area of expertise
- 3-5 years of writing experience in marketing or branding
- Strong grasp of grammatical rules and expert attention to detail
- Versatility to write for a variety of audiences and media
- Experience representing a brand to external and internal audiences
- RV industry experience or camping experience will be considered a major plus
- Experience developing ideas and assets across all platforms and channels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver presentations that articulate ideas in a compelling manner to build acceptance and support
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven ability and willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment and be responsive to the needs of a diverse community of stakeholders
- Quick and creative thinker with demonstrated success in transforming broad ideas from a team brainstorm into clear, engaging, original campaign concepts (show us your portfolio!)
- Highly organized individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet competing deadlines
General RV offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance options, paid vacations and a 401k with company matching.
WHO IS GENERAL RV CENTER?
General RV Center and its family of companies, which includes America's Choice Insurance Partners and Salem Distributors, is a large multi-state employer founded in 1962 in the heart of the Motor City. General RV started as a small mom and pop' operation and has grown into the Nation's Largest Family-Owned RV Dealer, with over 1,500 loyal associates. We have Supercenters in 7 states, with 14 locations in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Florida, Utah and Virginia.