This position is eligible for a new hire sign on bonus!
- Weekend nurse providing home visits for Hospice and Palliative patients. Work 30 hours paid for 40.
- Graduate of an NLN-approved school of nursing, associate or baccalaureate degree program under RN supervision.
- One (1) year of recent medical/surgical nursing experience, additional experience in community health nursing palliative and/or hospice preferred.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice and the skills to practice and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of Agency policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment currently used to provide patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in identifying patient-related problems and recommending solutions.
- Skill in documentation in clinical records.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, families, physicians, co-workers, and the community.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Possess adequate transportation to carry out job requirements. Must show proof of satisfactory automobile insurance with minimum coverage of $100,000/300,000 to be determined by Agency policy when using automobile for transportation. Willingness to provide service in any part of Agency geographic area, according to Agency need.