The Laboratory Assistant Manager In-Training will perform laboratory refining tasks to assist in the production of various medical marijuana products. They will support the Assistant Manager and Manger in interviewing new personnel, support with training and ensure all employees are following compliance and regulatory regulations. Additionally, you will be involved in assisting with any disciplinary actions such as write-ups and corrective action plans as part of the management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Laboratory Assistant's tasks include, but are not limited to the following list. You may be asked to perform any or all of these tasks on a given day while maintaining compliance with the New York State Regulations, Etain LLC Standards and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Set up, adjust, and operate laboratory equipment and instruments such as filtration equipment, roto vapor, microscopes, hydrometer, centrifuge, agitators, viscometer, chemical balance scales, autoclave, and other equipment.
- Work with laboratory manager to produce high quality Medical Marijuana products, samples, etc.
- Assist in product filling, bottling, and labeling.
- Keep accurate manufacturing records and follow SOPs.
- Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment.
- Prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to follow and adhere to strict protocols
- Documentation skills needed to ensure that all steps of any procedure are recorded and are compliant with New York State Department of Health regulations
- Ability to work collaboratively within the manufacturing department
- Ability to maintain a sanitary work environment
- Organizational skills and multitasking
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working with medical cannabis and similar products.
- Must be a team player
This is a lab position and will require movement throughout the lab in order to complete the duties. Laboratory Assistant's will be responsible for the cleanliness and compliance of the laboratory. Laboratory Assistant's may come in contact with hazardous materials within the laboratory.
- Bachelor's Degree in science related field or Associates Degree laboratory experience
- 1-2 years related experience and or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience (Associates Degree with 3 years laboratory experience)
- Current experience with Mass Spec
- Current Experience with HPLC, UPLC
- Current Experiance with GC preferred
- Prior laboratory experience highly preferred
- Prior Cannabis Testing Lab preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
Etain Health is New York's only family-run, women owned and operated medical marijuana company. We are committed to manufacturing clean, safe, and consistent medical marijuana products for the patients of New York State. Etain was founded in honor of the matriarch of our family, Frances "Granny Fanny" Keeffe: during her battle with ALS we saw first-hand the strength and comfort that medical marijuana could provide.
Our mantra, "Take a moment with Etain", embodies the spirit and belief that our products meet the diverse needs of our community by delivering the highest quality and purest products so our customers feel good about investing in their health and wellbeing.
Etain was one of the original five licensees in New York in 2015 and now has dispensaries in Yonkers, Kingston, Syracuse and a flagship in Midtown East in New York City. We believe the future of cannabis is diverse, and we execute every day on making that future a reality by doing things differently and fostering diversity and inclusion in the cannabis space. Our passionate, women-led organization shares a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of simplicity, care, and trust.
All Etain employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program which provides resources for counseling, financial planning and over 10,000 training resources from your first day of employment. After a 90-Day probationary period, full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits: health insurance including vision and dental, 16 annual days of Paid Time Off and an additional 7 paid holidays.
Equal opportunity employer
Etain is an Equal Opportunity Employer.