Join Our Team: Make a difference in the lives of incredible children. Join our team today! Employee Perks!: 12 hour shifts, 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Flexible Scheduling, Free On-Site Parking, Free Uniforms, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Increased Wages, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Strong leadership, Uniform Provided From: USD $33.00/Hr. Overview:
We are seeking a Respiratory Therapist to provide quality care for clinically complex pediatric residents in home like atmosphere!
The Respiratory Therapist assists with ensuring the health and well-being of our individuals by evaluating individuals' ventilator weaning and/or respiratory rehabilitation potential.
Essential Job Functions
1. Screens and provides an in-depth evaluation of the needs of ventilator and respiratory clients.
2. Identifies individual problems and needs through continuously collective objectives and subjective data based on interview, observation and review of individual records.
3. Consults with the attending physician regarding treatment protocol. Provides written recommendations for interdisciplinary care planning and treatment.
4. Contributes to the development, maintenance, and evaluation of the individual care plan.
5. Respiratory Care interventions are consistent with the individual care plan and standards of practices as described by the AARC and/or state regulating agencies.
6. Documentation is appropriate and reflects the care plan and reflects the individual's response to respiratory care interventions for scheduled and PRN treatment.
7. Identifies problems and develops a complete plan of care according to facility/unit policy and federal/state regulations.
8. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries of individuals receiving respiratory treatment and monitoring according to state, federal, and facility policies.
9. Maintains documentation regarding the administration of medications and other required records.
10. Administer prescribed medications and treatment in accordance with the approved respiratory techniques.
11. Initiates ventilator weaning protocol and/or respiratory rehabilitation in accordance with physician's orders; maintains required contact with physician.
12. Identifies deviations from expected lab values, monitoring etc. as related to scope of practice.
13. Assess each assigned individual daily.
14. Communicates pertinent individual and assignment information to coworkers, Manager, and interdisciplinary team members, including physician as appropriate.
15. Confers with personnel of other departments and provides required training to meet special needs of individuals.
16. Demonstrates flexibility in response to schedule changes, emergencies, individual needs.
17. Maintains the safety and confidentiality of individual's medical record.
18. Ensures that equipment and supplies are used in an appropriate, cost effective manner.
19. Alerts Lead Respiratory Therapist/DON/ADON of needed supplies and equipment for Respiratory Therapy Department.
20. Documentation is completed, concise and appropriate both in the medical records and all in-house communication which includes ventilation checks every 12 hours per PSC policy.
21. Provide required training to new staff, family/caregivers on specific respiratory equipment and procedures.
22. Assists with conducting in-service training programs for other personnel involved in direct care of respiratory individuals.
23. Administers inhaled medications to ventilator dependent individuals and assigned pulmonary rehabilitation clients.
24. Documents, reports, and follows through on abnormal findings with physicians/nurses/team.
25. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
26. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
27. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
28. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
29. Supports and abides by Pediatric Specialty Care's Mission, Vision, and Values.
30. Abides by Pediatric Specialty Care's businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
31. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Superior customer service skills
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Patient and empathetic
Strong attention to detail
Base wages increase with experience!
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of Associate's degree in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited educational institution; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Possession of active, unencumbered state Respiratory Therapist license in state where work is performed. Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory Therapist by National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Must possess a valid CPR from AHA Healthcare provider.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at applicable PSC locations.
Pediatric Specialty Care expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.