We are currently seeking an OpenRoads Designer Lead / Transportation Engineer for the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Our Florida transportation practice provides a full range of planning, design and agency support services. The OpenRoads Designer Lead / Transportation Engineer will assist with various design related assignments, varied analysis and varied field duties on transportation projects primarily for state and local governments in Florida.
Design and development of concept and construction plans, traffic control plans, cost estimates, bid documents, calculations and quantity takeoffs. Serve as the 3D design lead for the Fort Lauderdale office and champion development of Next Generation Plans deliverables using 3D Modeling / OpenRoads Designer.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university with an emphasis in transportation engineering
- PE Certification required
- Minimum 6+ years of roadway design and plans production experience
- Excellent working knowledge of OpenRoads Designer
- History working within 3D workspaces
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Efficient organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) design and plans production experience
- FDOT Temporary Traffic Control Certified
- Technical writing skills
- Experience with any of the following applications:
- MicroStation (Geopak/Inroads)
- Concept Station
- AutoDesk Civil 3D
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
From managed toll lanes and long-range corridor plans, to complex segmental bridges, our teams are working in the field and in the office while providing the highest quality infrastructure and facility solutions. Each day, we partner with transportation agencies and local governments across the country to keep our communities moving. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.