RAYUS Radiology, formerly Center for Diagnostic Imaging, is looking for a temporary/PRN MRI Technologist to join our team. We are challenging the status quo by shining the light on radiology and making it a critical first step in diagnosis and proper treatment. Come join us and shine brighter together.
As an MRI Technologist, you will operate a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanner to produce images of the patient's body for diagnostic purposes.
You'll be part of a team providing a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures with compassion and integrity to ensure the highest quality, access, service and value to our patients, referring providers and partners. You'll play an important part of that process by providing leadership and technical support to MRI services, assuring that services are provided within professional standards and with excellent customer service. Each patient comes to our centers looking for answers. You will guide patients through this sometimes difficult process by kindly talking them through the steps and answering their questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and process. You'll also remain self-motivated to increase your level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve. This position is per diem, shifts will vary 6:00am-2:30pm or 12:30pm-9:00pm depending upon need.
(80%) Patient Imaging
- Performs routine and advanced MRI procedures on designated portions of the body for use by physicians in the diagnosing and treating of patient illness and/or injury with minimal amount of supervision or repeats
- Screens patient before exam for any precautions or contraindications pertaining to the examination
- Prepares patients for MRI procedures that will be performed, explaining the procedure and positioning patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately scanned
- Adjusts scan parameters correctly and as needed
- Maintains positive attitude and working relationships with radiologists, referring offices and other associates and peers
- Converses with doctors, nurses, patients and family members as required
- Follows physicians' orders precisely and conforms to safety regulations to protect themselves, patients, and coworkers
- Maintains accurate patient records within Radiology Information System (RIS)
- Maintains an orderly and clean work area promoting good safety habits for patients and co-workers
- Maintains ACR toolkit and accreditation requirements
(15%) Department Support
- Maintains equipment in good working order; cleans and disinfects equipment after each use
- Assists with maintaining an updated MRI protocol manual and software upgrades
- Monitors medical supply inventory
- Assists with training of new associates, providing resource and technical expertise
(5%) Performs other duties as assigned