RAYUS Radiology, formerly Center for Diagnostic Imaging and Insight Imaging, is looking for a PRN Medical Assistant to join our team. We are challenging the status quo by shining the light on radiology and making it a critical first step in diagnosis and proper treatment. Come join us and shine brighter together.
Position is per diem working 7:30am - 4:00pm.
As a Medical Assistant, you'll be responsible for supporting the physician assistant with daily functions in running clinic.
You'll be part of a team providing a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures with compassion and integrity to ensure the highest quality, access, service and value to our patients, referring providers and partners. You'll play an important part of that process by providing general administrative support to the department.
(50%) Patient Care
- Greets patients and escorts patient to exam room
- Takes and records patient vitals and temperature
- Assists technologist or physician assistant (PA) in the room as needed
- Enters patient past medical information and orders into RIS, find previous medical records and schedule appointments up follow up clinic
- Communicates directly with supervisor regarding patient medications and possible contra-indications
- Starts IVs
- Assists in oral sedation
(45%) Administrative Support
- Monitors the clinic schedule, assist with managing add on appointments as well as follow up appointments
- Facilitates patient flow with direction from supervisor
- Discharges the patient from the clinic with appropriate information and documentation
- Calls or faxes in prescriptions
- Contacts patients via telephone following up on patients that had pain management or narcotics to see if additional treatment or a follow up visit is needed
- Documents all patient prep calls in RISLogic or aRies
- Assembles next day's H&P paperwork daily at assigned location
- Handles all incoming calls from patients regarding past procedures or treatments with the guidance of the supervisor
- Coordinates patient flow with scheduling and front office to fit in schedule add-ons
- Maintains office supplies within department and stock roomAssists with cleaning exam room
- Updates supervisor daily regarding individual work schedule and completion of the day's tasks
(5%) Performs other duties as assigned