RS&H is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer I to join our Aviation Practice in Jacksonville, Florida.
RS&H: Pursue Greatness from RS&H on Vimeo .
What we do:
We design airports and aviation-related facilities throughout the US and abroad. Aviation Architecture consistently represents a complex commingling of multiple building types/ functions (civic, cultural, commercial, hospitality, office, retail, workplace, interiors, etc.) often under one roof.
Our projects are experienced by millions of people each year and can reach hundreds of millions of dollars in construction value. The clients we serve are focused on providing the best customer experience through outstanding design, technical excellence, and a desire for community.
The RS&H Design Philosophy: We believe the best buildings uplift and affirm the people they serve, embody elegant form and function, and manifest purpose, personality, and spirit.
Who we are looking for:
RS&H is actively seeking an experienced, licensed Mechanical Engineer.
We foster, value, and reward people who are creative, self-motivated, and collegial. As a Mechanical Engineer with RS&H you will have the opportunity to deliver projects of various sizes and complexities. Your work will be informed and supported by in-house planners, architects, airfield and building engineers, and environmental specialists to ensure that all aspects of any aviation facility are accounted for and integrated into the design.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that will embrace your ideas to even better serve our great clients.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply and grow your skills and experience to:
- Coordinate project recommendations and work with our full-service team of Architects, Engineers, and Program Managers
- Serve as Lead Project Engineer for work involving Mechanical and Plumbing systems
- Apply your skills to prepare and direct construction documentation, studies, and other critical reports
- Mentor and provide leadership to junior Engineers on staff
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Professional Engineering registration PE with the ability to become licensed in multiple states
- 4+ year's previous Mechanical engineering work experience in building design
- Working knowledge of IBC, IMC, IECC, IPC, ASHRAE, ASPE and other NFPA codes
- Working knowledge of Revit, Energy Modelling, and HVAC load calcualtion software, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Trane Trace Load and Energy Modelling software
- LEED Accreditation or working knowledge of sustainability certifications such as LEED, Green Globes, Well, etc.
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
Joining our Aviation team means an opportunity to explore your potential and apply your diverse skills to serve the large and small airports of the aviation industry as a trusted advisor. You can do this in a collaborative and team-oriented environment among other driven professionals. Service areas include airfields, buildings, facility planning, environmental planning, and environmental stewardship & resiliency. Join RS&H to define and master challenges, advance professionally, and build strong and lasting relationships.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.