We're looking for a Expert Maintenance Technicians for our Night Shifts.
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
This is not just another job, it is an opportunity to learn a new career.
The Expert Maintenance Technician will be responsible for servicing and maintaining equipment located in the lab.
- Maintains Preventative Maintenance log on all equipment.
- Maintains weekly PM checklists with all maintenance duties on them and PM checklists by the machines.
- Communicates with various Help Desks to fix various machines.
- Services and Maintains CNC Edgers by cleaning daily, fixing any broken or out of calibration parts, and re-calibrate.
- Services and Maintains CNC Generators by performing weekly greasing and lube checks. Turn cutters and calibrate when needed.
- Maintains Edger by changing cutters and making sure the filters are clean.
- Maintains Blocker by keeping filters clean and alloy drawers clean and do weekly checks for prism and axis.
- Uses ours and others ideas to fabricate systems and machines to make production easier or better quality.
- Responsible for sourcing machine parts at lowest cost (i.e. Internet vs. Manufacturer).
- Leads associates by ensuring they are staying on task and are in the proper place for optimal workflow.
- Train new associates according to direction from Maintenance Supervisor.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Associate's Degree/Technical School Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 year experience in the maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of complex equipment (Electronics, CNC-type equipment preferred)
- Must have proven troubleshooting skills on complex equipment.
- Experience working with PLC's. PLC programming a plus.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical/electronic diagrams required.
- Requires accuracy to such a degree that loss through errors would cause waste or delay.
- Repetitive job requiring some mental effort and occasional organization and planning.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website to learn more.
PTO Starts After 90 Days
10% Shift Deferential Pay
Company Holiday Days off with Pay
Opportunity for Bonus Per Pay Period
Full Benefit package
Work Uniform Provided
Opportunity for Advancement
Head Phones Allowed on the Production Floor
$500 Referral Bonus Offered
No License or Certificates Needed
Break room comes with full size refrigerators, microwaves, meals, drinks, snacks able to purchase.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.