In general, all Care and Maintenance Team Members are required to plan and perform all maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant property, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition; diagnose problems and work in many varied and diversified capacities required in general care and maintenance, overhaul, and repair of plant equipment processes and facilities. Periodically perform or assist others in routine to moderately complex repairs to electrical and electronic controls.
What you will do:
- Work involves a complete range and wide variety of duties involving diversified and difficult work using technical electronic diagnostics, computer equipment, and a variety of precision instruments; requiring much care to effectively and efficiently diagnose, dismantle, repair, lubricate, reassemble or otherwise work on general maintenance.
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions by sight, sound, or actions of machinery and equipment.
- Start, observe, operate, or otherwise inactivate equipment to detect or verify correct functions.
- Inspect, adjust, clean, or lubricate equipment as preventive maintenance. Tear down, replace, repair, install, and assemble equipment, parts, components, and accessories.
- Operate various mechanical and electronic test equipment.
- Specific knowledge of pumps, conveyor systems, motors, and drives is required in the performance of regular or assigned duties.
- Work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends, and overtime as scheduled or required.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment and completing all required training.
Education and Experience you will need:
- Minimum High School or GED
- Experience with PLC logic and troubleshooting
- Three (3) years or more of experience installing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment
- Experience with fabrication, cutting with a torch, and welding with an arc welder
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule which will include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to work on an emergency call-in basis as required
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
- Willingness and ability to cross-train to learn new jobs and skills
- Consistent, predictable attendance
Skills that will make you stand out:
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems and reading electrical schematics preferred
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred
Our highly competitive compensation package and outstanding benefits include:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser:
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our employees have built their careers with us. West Fraser is a growing company that believes strongly in promoting from within and prides itself on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace