PTS Advance is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Designer, with +3 years of experience in the Power Generation Industry. This position will be contracted to one of our Top Clients for the purposes of Electrical Power Distribution, Design, and Implementation. This is an immediate need, and we welcome all whom possess the necessary skillset. See below for more detail.
* Develop and update electrical project drawings including one-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, panel/building layouts, cable/conduit schedule and routing and installation details.
* Preparation of engineering drawings to be done from rough sketches or from general engineering/design information (i.e., verbal instructions and notes) using CAD software programs.
* Experience developing or knowledge of deliverables such as instrument location plans, loop diagrams, P&IDs and termination drawings is preferred.
* Successfully apply all company, client and project design/drafting standards and procedures. Inclusive of setting up drawing configurations according to project requirements for the electrical design team.
* Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files, cables schedules and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner.
* Use of 3D laser scanning tools to accurately capture project site data and extract 3D data to complete project modeling is preferred.
* Complete project tasks and review quality of design drawings within scope, budget and schedule.
* Communicate and coordinate with other designers, drafters and design disciplines internally as well as external personnel.
* Knowledge of field instrumentation equipment and installations is preferred.
* This position requires travel to project sites and the ability to complete initial rough design sketches and redlines/mark-ups of the project.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS DRUG SCREEN & BACKGROUND CHECK