Cultivation Assistants will engage in all cultivation tasks from daily watering through to post harvest processing. They will also participate in quality control tasks such as auditing and Good Agricultural Practice logs. All team members must maintain a clean environment suitable for the production of medical products, and work cohesively as part of a team to achieve department objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Cultivation Assistant tasks include, but are not limited to the following list. You may be asked to perform any or all of these tasks on a given day while maintaining compliance with the relevant regulations and Good Agricultural Practices.
- Utilize irrigation equipment and hand watering methods to apply solutions formulated with the correct nutrients and pH.
- Prepare grow media using specialized machinery, and prepare pots for transplanting.
- Maintain plants through pruning, trellising, and defoliating.
- Move plants to selected areas while maintaining BioTrack records accurately.
- Participate in harvest activities including defoliation, trimming, bud removal, drying, grinding, packaging, cleaning, and waste removal.
- Dispose of waste in accordance with the New York State Regulations, and Good Agricultural Practices.
- Follow the Etain LLC guidelines for sanitary practices regarding hand washing, and the use of PPE such as protective lenses, suits, gloves, shoe covers, scrubs, and work shoes, and face masks.
- Participate in cleaning all cultivation areas, including within greenhouses, hallways, and drying rooms.
- Participate in training sessions designed to either improve your skills or your understanding of Etain LLC and the New York State Regulations.
- Work cohesively with team members to achieve department objectives.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
$18 USD per hour
- Ability to perform repetitive actions with a high level of accuracy over time
- Ability to use a computer and to learn new programs for accurate record keeping
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Manual dexterity at a level sufficient to operate small tools such as scissors or drills and to tie knots in repetition.
This is a manual labor position which requires heavy lifting and which involves repetitive tasks. This position operates within greenhouses which can reach elevated temperatures. All Cultivation Assistants must be able to remain within greenhouses during work hours over an eight-hour day. Importantly, all members of the cultivation staff must wear PPE including Tyvek suits, scrubs, boot covers, protective eyewear, hair and beard nets, gloves, and face masks.
- High School Diploma
- 2 years' experience in agricultural or factory settings
- Equivalent level of education, training, and experience
- Must be 21 years old
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Experience working in a regulated cannabis cultivation facility
Etain Health is New York's only family-run, women owned and operated medical marijuana company. We are committed to manufacturing clean, safe, and consistent medical marijuana products for the patients of New York State. Etain was founded in honor of the matriarch of our family, Frances "Granny Fanny" Keeffe: during her battle with ALS we saw first-hand the strength and comfort that medical marijuana could provide.
Our mantra, "Take a moment with Etain", embodies the spirit and belief that our products meet the diverse needs of our community by delivering the highest quality and purest products so our customers feel good about investing in their health and wellbeing.
Etain was one of the original five licensees in New York in 2015 and now has dispensaries in Yonkers, Kingston, Syracuse and a flagship in Midtown East in New York City. We believe the future of cannabis is diverse, and we execute every day on making that future a reality by doing things differently and fostering diversity and inclusion in the cannabis space. Our passionate, women-led organization shares a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of simplicity, care, and trust.
All Etain employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program which provides resources for counseling, financial planning and over 10,000 training resources from your first day of employment. After a 90-Day probationary period, full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits: health insurance including vision and dental, 16 annual days of Paid Time Off and an additional 7 paid holidays.
Equal opportunity employer
Etain is an Equal Opportunity Employer.