About The Company
Industrious is the largest premium workplace-as-a-service provider and home to the highest-rated workplaces in the industry. Everything we do comes down to creating great days for teams of all sizes and stages, including our own. We believe that what makes a great day at work is the people on your team, and the problems you get to solve together. We're looking for people who love thinking outside the box and thrive in a truly collaborative setting. As teammates we encourage new ideas and toast every win. We're excited about having a meaningful impact on people's workplace experience.
Great days also start when everyone can be their authentic self at work.
Diversity of backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas is critical to our success in delivering great workplace experiences, both for our members and for each other. Industrious is committed to creating an inclusive, respectful environment that embraces your individuality and quirkiness. You are valued for who YOU are. We celebrate our people as individuals who can accomplish great things when we work together as one team.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of America's 500 fastest-growing companies in 2020 by Inc. Magazine and one of Forbes' Best Startup Employers.
To learn more, visit .
About The Role
Industrious is continuing to build a range of products and services that solve the needs of large commercial landlords. One such product is to provide programming, manage amenities and increase occupier engagement and productivity for the office tenants of large buildings. This is a critical part of our longer-term competitive strategy and an important proof point that we can execute a new product for a new kind of customer.
Industrious is hiring a Community Manager to manage high-impact customer experience initiatives for thousands of tenants. You will be responsible for delivering exceptional service, planning, marketing, and executing engaging events, and keeping a strong pulse on the wants and needs of customers. You are excited to coordinate high-level, creative events to activate the building(s) and community. You take the extra time to print signage and build magnificent displays because you know the magic is in the details. You're proactive and take ownership over managing inventory and ordering supplies.
You love to work with your hands and see the physical results. You are excited to shape the future of how and why people go to work.
You'll Love This Role If
You're quick to empathize - you can gauge someone's mindset, questions, concerns, and priorities from a quick conversation, and you naturally use that spidey sense to communicate in tailored ways that work for them in that moment.
You believe that people have more choices about where they work than ever and you can make a real positive impact on their lives when that choice happens to be the office and the community you've built.
You think every piece of messaging and how it's communicated is critical in telling a brand story and ensuring high levels of engagement.
This Role Isn't For You If
You find work, workplace experience, or commercial real estate really boring.
Creating an event just means putting a tablecloth on a table and ordering lunch from the local deli.
You thrive with a lot of structure and being guided on what exactly success looks like from the outset.
- Programming, tenant engagement, and communications:
- Planning: Concept, develop and execute dynamic programming plans focused on strategic values that build community and engagement. Manage all aspects of events including budgeting, vendor management, onsite execution and reporting.
- Communications: Manage robust content calendar & marketing of events and programming. Create and distribute all building wide communications including newsletters, digital signage, posters and e-blasts.
- App Management: Own the management of the tenant experience mobile application, including:
- Content creation and copywriting for news feeds, blogs etc.
- Maintaining audience profiles and user groups
- Marketing the event calendar
- Distributing timely building notices
- Negotiating local perks and partnerships
- Become an invaluable resource to tenant/employee workplace experience teams, HR or office managers in a way that encourages building/employee engagement but also allows them the opportunity to amplify their own culture
- Service Culture:
- Build strong bonds with tenants ensuring their experiences are personalized and their days are productive
- Confidently, empathetically and professionally communicate and resolve issues
- Greet and assist all in a friendly & welcoming manner according to the arrival standards and daily interaction steps of service
- Model and reinforce hospitality training for all line level building staff.
- Hospitality Standards:
- Help develop hospitality standards and operating procedures that may be unique to the property
- Curate elevated on brand hospitality amenities including bathroom amenities, flowers, scent and music. Manage inventory.
- Follow and audit established brand identity standards including building wayfinding, event signage and other service notices
- Support leasing efforts: Develop, implement and conduct the amenity tours and create prospective tenant marketing materials to ensure that we become a benefit to the buildings leasing team and strategy
- Champion our vision of holistic property management; all building staff work together to ensure tenants feel cared for and appreciated
- 4-6 years of work experience in hospitality, event management, customer service, or business operations
- Self-starter who has the ability to work independently but can also collaborate with a team as effectively
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to connect well with people; warm and approachable
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Health care, including vision and dental
- Learning & development grant
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Multiple team activities and company-sponsored events each year that provide our employees the opportunity to get to know each other better and improve collaboration
Industrious In The News
- CBRE Invests Another $100M in Industrious to Fund Global Expansion
- Industrious Expands in Europe, Asia With Two Deals as Employers Back Flex Work
- How Coworking Companies Like The Wing And Industrious Are Intersecting With Retail
- Jamie Hodari On Massive Opportunity Ahead As Industrious Expands Internationally
- Flex Offices Are the Biggest Winners in the Shift to Hybrid Work