Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through in-class and online venues. We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education.
The Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Performance is a rapidly growing program, aligned with National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) standards, and serves students by supporting their growth in becoming competent and professional health and fitness experts. Our College of Arts and Sciences is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our open Assistant Professor of Health and Human Performance position.
This is a residential position, located in Bellevue, Nebraska and has significant and direct student contact. The position is best filled by an enthusiastic, well-rounded, and engaged teacher/practitioner interested in a full-time faculty position. Primary Function:
The primary function of this full-time faculty position is to design, develop, teach, assess, update, and maintain courses and degree programs in Health and Human Performance and related disciplines. Qualifications/Skills:
Additional Information Requested:
- Preferred: Earned doctorate in Health & Human Performance or terminal degree in related field.
- Commitment to the field of Health and Human Performance as evidenced by educational background, full-time work experience, publications in peer-reviewed journals, community services, experience or professional affiliation, conference attendance etc.
- Ability to build successful relationships, teach, and work with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to energize and excite student audiences to be fully engaged and active in the learning process.
- Ability to communicate with site-supervisors and supervise/mentor students in internship experiences.
- Experience in the development of curriculum and implementation of innovated learning approaches is preferred.
- Experience with residential and online teaching platforms and/or online teaching experience preferred (Blackboard, Adobe Connect, Zoom, etc.)
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling . In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
- A letter of application
- Contact Information for three references
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy